Wednesday 1 June 2011

What do Italians miss most in Brussels?


I'm from Sicily, an island in the south of Italy which is pretty different from the rest of the country because of its past and its culture. Excuse this preamble, but I must tell you this because I'm sure that people from Padova don't miss the same things...

What I miss most from this sunny and sour land is the wild and windy sea that lets me feel so far from everywhere and yet so close to another continent; crazy and warm people who start talking with me, just for the pleasure of talking, looking into my eyes and expressing their thoughts with just a gesture of the hands, all feeling part of the same human mess; the slow way of life; a less stressful rhythm, taking the time to go for a slow walk on the beach and not seeming invisible to others.

Sandra Incorvaia,
DG JRC

No comments:

Post a Comment