Monday 8 August 2011

Stage & the City: The secret diary of a blue book stagiaire V

Spanish passion

The first long weekend of June me and a friend decided to go to Antwerp. We had found a hostel and planned to explore the city for two days. As usual the weather was great. We started off with some shopping. Then we headed for the boardwalk where a lot of people were watching the river and a few boats. We walked a bit up north and came to MAS, the new museum that tells the story of the city, the river and the port. After several escalators we finally reached the top floor and could enjoy the panoramic view of the city. Once we had come back down we decided to have a drink and sat down at the nearest bar and ordered two Kriek. After a minute one lonely guy came along and looked for somewhere to sit. As all the other tables were full we offered him a seat with us. Of course we didn’t mind since he was gorgeous.



A tall Mediterranean guy with friendly green-grey eyes that were just digging into my soul as he sat down and talked to us. I guess my friend felt a bit like the fifth wheel, but she stayed and we all had a very nice time in the afternoon sun. As we were leaving he asked if we had any plans for the evening or if we would like to join him for a party he was invited to where he barely knew anyone. Wanting to see him some more I looked at my friend who gave me a discrete nod and I accepted for the both of us and got his phone number (just in case) and the address of the party. I could feel that this was going to be a great night.



Arriving at the party we realised that this was no normal party, the people who were there all looked like movie stars and each of them had more diamonds than I think I’ve ever seen in my life. We both felt a bit off and were wondering if we should sneak out as soon as possible. But all of a sudden there he was, standing in front of me. He had a white shirt on and the lights in the room made his tanned skin shimmer. Even though there were many posh women in there he did not leave me for the whole party except when he got us more champagne. The party was not that much fun so he invited us to his place for a drink. We had a short walk and ended up at the port by the MAS where we had met him earlier. He was actually staying on a boat, and not just a small one. It was a big white yacht. I had never been on a yacht before and he showed us around and offered us another glass of champagne on the deck. As my friend got tired he called for a taxi for her and she went back to our hostel. I wanted to stay, to talk and to get to know him better. As the night became cooler we moved inside and sat down in the lounge. We were sitting so close to each other that we almost touched. It was already close enough for me to drown in his deep eyes that looked at me with an intensity that I had never seen before. He was smiling the whole time and even laughed at my bad jokes. I liked him more and more.

When he poured my third glass of champagne I asked if he would stay in Antwerp for a long time or go home soon. He still had not told me where he came from.
“This is my home, for now”, he said and looked around the yacht.

“What! Are you for real?” I almost shouted and found myself just staring around the yacht.
 
“Yes, this is my yacht and I’m here in Antwerp to do some business before I head back to the port of Santa Cruz where I have one of my houses. But I’m not completely sure if I will go there. You know, I’m in trade and I need to do some more business here in Europe, so I might just go to Paris”.
 
“I love Paris”, I said and smiled at him.

“What do you do for a living?”

“Well, I’m in trade, dealing with diamonds, and you know Antwerp is famous for its diamonds right?”

Well, who could have missed that walking around the city for a day?

“But that is only what I do for fun. I’m actually a duke from northeastern Spain where my family for generations has worked for and promoted the growth of the region. That is my calling in life, besides this hobby of mine”.



I did not know what to say. There I was sitting on a yacht with a diamond-dealing duke. But he assured me that after all... he was just a guy, sitting in front of a girl asking her to love him. And how could I resist him? His eyes showed me his soul and those pink lips. His soft hands were exploring every centimetre of me. My whole body just screamed for him but at the same time there were such tranquillity. No stress. No pressure. No worries at all. Just the two of us. Being a gentleman, he softly caressed my hair and looked me deep in the eyes. Butterflies were filling my stomach. Slowly he leaned forward and kissed me with his soft gentle lips. I was in heaven. All my troubles were far away and all I wanted was to be with him for the rest of my life. His arms were wrapped around me like he never wanted to let go and we spent the rest the night talking, laughing, kissing and making love. I fell asleep in his arms at five in the morning knowing that I had found my soul mate. 

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment